The Barn Home
The Green Gate Barn Home is a truly unique lodging experience, combining all the modern amenities with the rustic charm of the original 1935 hay barn that inspired the project. This 1250 square foot barn home has two levels, plus an attached silo that can be entered from either floor.
The entry area of The Green Gate Barn has a large foyer for all your outdoor gear, as well as a half-bath/changing room. Leaving the foyer, the main floor opens to a roomy kitchen and living space. The kitchen contains professional appliances and cookware, a farm sink, a 9 foot white pine bar, and hand formed concrete countertops. The adjoining living room has lounge furniture, flat-screen TV, and a wood pellet burning stove. The dining room is situated inside the attached silo, with a unique hand crafted round table that is often our guests’ favorite feature of the entire house.
The artistic curved staircase fabricated from locally salvaged maple leads to the second story sleeping area. The two bedrooms are separated into semi-private spaces (each has a private entry door and partition wall, but open overhead due to the high vaulted ceiling). The bedrooms each have a queen bed with organic linens and comforters, timber-framed elements, reclaimed wide plank flooring and vintage decor. The larger of the two bedrooms also contains two twin beds. The attached silo contains the master bathroom with custom fixtures and a refurbished 1928 clawfoot tub/shower.
Green Gate Barn Home Amenities:
- Full kitchen with modern appliances and cookware
- One and a half baths
- In-floor and in-wall hydronic heat
- Air conditioning
- Wood pellet-burning fireplace
- Organic mattresses, linens and towels
- Complimentary coffee, tea and snacks
- Satellite TV, WiFi, and radio with iPod docking station
The Green Gate Barn Home 2013/2014 Rates
$249 per week night
$279 per weekend night
Click here to view our availability calendar for The Green Gate Barn Home.
- Minimum 2-night stay required during peak seasons (June 1-Oct 15, Dec 15-Mar 30)
- Rates listed include up to 4 guests. Additional $25/person for more than 4 guests.
- Deposit of 50% due as reservation is made. Balance is due at check-in. Reservations made within 30 days of arrival will be charged in full at the time of booking.
- Check-in is 4pm; check-out is 11am.
- We accept Visa, MC, American Express and Discover cards.
As we are a small business, cancellations greatly affect our bottom line. That said, we will gladly refund your deposit (minus 5% processing fee) with a 30-day cancellation notice. If you must cancel your reservation less than 30 days from your check-in date, we will open your dates and refund your deposit if these dates can be re-booked.
Smoking and Pets
In an attempt to maintain a safe, allergen-free environment for all our guests, no smoking or pets are allowed on the premises.
Being a century-old farmstead, our property contains a variety of potential hazards including barbed wire fences, steep river banks, and vintage tractor parts rusting in the woods. That said, well-supervised children of all ages are welcome.
Wireless internet services are available on the premises.